- How can you apply engineering design and scientific method to solving real world problems?
- How can you use the scientific method and engineering design to solve problems in your own life?
- What is the difference between engineering design and the scientific method?
- What is the difference between a hypothesis and a prediction?
- What is the difference between a manipulated and responding variable?
- How can manipulated and responding variables be represented graphically to identify relationships, if any?
- What is the difference between qualitative and quantitative observation?
- What are the basic units of measurement in the metric system and how do they convert to the English measurement system?
Unit Vocab Words: Hypothesis, observation, communication, classification, measurement, inference, prediction, design, engineering, technology, engineering design process, structure, variables, manipulated variables (independent), responding variables (dependent), constraints, density, x-axis, y-axis, qualitative observation, quantitative observation, graph (bar, line, pie/circle), liter, meter, gram, mass, volume, length.